Monday, March 5, 2012

There is fire in them there hills

On Wednesday evening, at around 7PM it went BOOM and our power went out. Lucky for me my cell phone still worked and I still had my 3G connection. A quick google search found the emergency number of our electric company and 5 minutes on hold got me thru to their support operator. I gave her the information and made my way thru the building - with a flashlight to let my residents know what was up and when I made it to the 3rd floor I could see that the hills near the H3 on ramp was on fire.

the fire would go from glowing

To burning nice and hot.
We watched it spread out and watched as the helicopters came and went, dropping water on the flames. I'm sure this would have been a sight to see for my daughters significant other. He's been a volunteer fireman for 10 years.

From what I could gather on the news stations Facebook page, the fire was the cause for the power outage, but the cause of the fire is unknown.

Power was out for 2 hours, they put the fire out about 11/2 after it started. Considering  it was very difficult terrane to work on, to get the fire out, not bad, not bad at all.

Where our ranch is, is very dry and while we were there last time there were a couple of bush fires. We could even see the smoke.

The property used to have 2 more out building, but they burned down just two months before we flew over to take a look at it. From what the neighbors told us, it happened in the early morning hours and it took the volunteer fire department 45 minutes to get there and by then it was too late to save the buildings, All they could do was damage control. Hope we never make a close encounter.

Aloha a Hui Hou!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!