Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Fate of the Grey Heron

So last night I hear animal screams. Not totally unusual, because we have all these feral cats running around that like to fight in front of our bedroom window...
This time the screams were a bit different and much, much LOUDER! I go out to see a young orange cat and something in the shadows. When my eyes adjusted I discovered it was a Grey Heron! We always have a few around since we live right on the stream/marsh. Interesting to watch them fish.
Anyway, I chased the cat away ( a couple of times) and the bird just sat there. it was like he was looking for a way off the property - kept stretching his wing, not flying away.
I stayed with him/her for a while, to make sure the cat would leave him/her alone. I opened the gate, but he/she wouldn't leave.
I called the humane society - voice mail and no call back.
I got tired and headed for bed.
This morning guess who was outside our door! 

Still here!


Called the Humane Society Hot line again....no one there....left another message....hope someone responds soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!