Sunday, February 5, 2012

What it will look like....sorta

I can see what the kitchen will look like in my head. Roger cannot.

So for him to see what I am talking about I get to do one of my favorite things - play around with PhotoShop!

This is what the kitchen looked like when we bought the house;


This is sort of what I think it will look like


The window to the left will be a bit shorter, but wider than the original. 

I didn't put in the new/old sink, I think he gets that.

You might not be able to tell, but there will be a narrow trim along the upper cabs that will hide the under cab lighting. That is going to be stained wood - the same color of the vanity so it matches the floor - which is the same flooring as the bathroom.. 

Over the sink there are two cabs with a scalloped edge. That edge is going to be replaced by stained wood that is arched to mimic the arch way to the back rooms (repeat design features that can be found in the home so every thing goes together).

We've decided which pendant lamps we want - 

Found at the Barn Light website
One will go over the sink and two will go over the eating part of the counter.

Now for the cherry on top. The counter top to the right and left of the sink will be formica/silestone/granite - BUT - and this idea just hit me last night - the counter top to the left of the stove that goes over the dish washer and runs under the window for a few feet (which is our eating space) will be out of wood and look like a table. It will be stained to look like the rest of the wood details in the room. At the end, the "table" will be supported by craftsman style table legs.




I knowBrilliant!  If I do say so myself....

Can't wait to see it all done!!

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!