Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thinking about paint!

As you know we want to paint the bathroom. Looking at it I am torn between a pale blue that I originally envisioned and a strong green color. Each color has so many different hues that it won't be easy to make up our minds.

I don't want to waste a minute when we there, so I plan to hit the floor running by already having nice big color samples that I can tape to the wall and see what they look like in the light of the bathroom. Today I had a chance to stop off at the hardware store up the street to grab some paint samples for the bathroom.

I have 20 some samples and taped a few of the same color together to get a nice big swatch of color.



The paint brand the store featured was Valspar and they had something I'd never seen before and find it very, very cool. They offered these nifty foils that looked like a furnished bedroom, front room etc, BUT the walls were see thru! So to get an idea what a whole room would look like all you have to do is hold a color swatch behind the foil. SO cool!




It doesn't totally match because  you have to take natural light into consideration, but it gets my color wheels turning. It's also fun to discover something new!

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!