Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let there be light

Back to dreaming about my favorite room in the house - The Kitchen.

I want to maintain, as much as possible, the charm of our 50's kitchen, but the stainless steel appliances kind of take away from that. So I'm hoping I can do something with lighting.

There is a light over the sink and I would like to put in one or two pendent lights over the eat-in counter.

I am looking at something like this:

Lamp was found on the Ikea website
It looks a bit retro and would tie in the with the stainless steel appliances. But is it too much metal? Maybe break it up with some glass? Like this one?

Lamp was found on the Ikea Website
I love the shape of the shade and could imagine it looking great with Edison light bulbs. But then I see the chain and am transported back to my kitchen in Germany, where we had a hanging light over the stove that you could pull up and down. The cord was always, lets say a bit greasy. I can only hope that the range hood would make a difference...Maybe we could take off the chain and cover it with some kind of pipping?

Then I look some more and find this beauty

Found on the Restoration Hardware website
I like the look, love the Edison light bulb....but the brass details won't fit in my design. Wonder if I could spray paint it?

This one is the color that I would like it to be, but the price tag sends my heart racing.

Found on the Vintage Barn Lighting website
I am glad that I don't have to decide today and can spend some time looking some more, but you get the idea of what I'm looking for. If  you come across something that you think might be up my alley- give me a holler!

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!