Friday, January 13, 2012

The last one

So, we have all our kitchen appliances except one - The Range.

Just before Christmas we saw a cooking special and the cook was cooking things in the oven"s". Different things required different temps and she had two wall ovens so she could get everything done at the same time. I was in love! In love with the idea of having 2 ovens. Due to the layout of our kitchen, putting in 2 wall ovens is not an option for us. So I started looking for one of the fancy new ranges that has 2 ovens, a smaller one on top and a medium size one below.

Our other appliances are from Frigidaire and they only offer one double oven. So far I've only found it at Lowes.

It had what we wanted, 2 ovens, self cleaning, convection oven, 5 burners (one oval), convertible to LP and it matched our other appliances. The only thing holding me back was the price. Is having the 2 ovens worth $500 - $700 more? I looked at other brands that were a bit cheaper, but I just couldn't bring myself to pick one that wasn't from Frigidaire.

So yesterday Hubby and I went to Sears and looked at other double ovens, just to see what they are like, and you know what? Although the thought of 2 ovens in a range is pretty cool, in reality it's not for us. The lower oven is so low to the ground, lifting a heavy roast or turkey would be a real piece of work. Not to mention how much smaller the "bigger" oven is....much smaller than I thought it would be.

That means it's back to the drawing board - but this time I have a lot more options. A LOT.

For now I have narrowed it down to these 3 because they match what we already have best:





I know they all kind of look the same, but the one or other has a feature that the others don't have. Now to ponder some more.....

Lesson learned? Look before you buy....Oh wait, just like when I bought the fridge, I almost forgot that lesson...

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!