Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And the drama unfolds

So, not too long ago I wrote about our wonderful sink and that we are getting it resurfaced. Remember? Well, I get a phone call from our contractor Lisa and she informs me that she just spoke with Tony and HE says a guy showed up in his shop last week claiming our sink was his sink, it was stolen a year ago and he wants it back.

A little stunned I agree to call Tony and find out what's going on. I reach Tony and he tells me the same story, that the guy says it's his sink, it was stolen a year ago and he wants it back. When Tony asked him how he knows it's his sink he said he recognizes a chip in the sink. The guy even called again wanting to know "what are we going to do about my sink?"

Tony asks me what I want to do. I tell him, if the dude wants to call the cops, he should. I bought it in good faith and I'm not going to just give it up because he says so.  He will have to prove it is his.

I'll keep you posted!

Aloha Hui Hou!

1 comment:

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!