Friday, December 2, 2011

How now brown cow

Roger is always teasing me, that considering how much milk I drink it might be worth while to get a cow. I tell him that as long as he takes care of it, he's welcome to it.

Now that we have the Ranch and I've had some time to think about it, it might not be a bad idea after all. Not only would we have a steady supply of milk, I could make my own cottage cheese, regular cheese, butter, sour cream....so many things I could make and bake and reach our goal of being somewhat self sufficient.

I've ordered a few books on making cheese and it's really interesting. Theses are the books I've chosen to start with:
Idiot's Guide - You knew that was coming, didn't you?


Now I can hardly wait!

On a side note, I LOVE stinky cheese. Naturally I didn't find a recipe in my books so I went hunting online. Poor, Poor Roger, not only will he have to care for the cow, he is going to have to put up with the stench of an endless supply of stinky cheese.

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!