Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wingback Chair part II

I was able to get in touch with the reupholster lady I met last year and showed her a pic of the chair. She loved it too! She looked thru one of her suppliers and they could make a chair to kind of look like the original and it would cost as much as the original


This is the original for $3000 It has 2 kinds of fabric and the  main part of the chair is leather.
this is how it could look like for $2400

she couldn't get the side fabric to show on this one, but it would cost  $1900 to make it look like the original

Ok, don't worry, I'd NEVER spend that much for a chair, never ever. So we are looking into the next bet thing I find a quality used chair and re cover it.

So my go to furniture lady sends me some swatches of fabric for the back






Of the 4, I think the bottom one would match best...Now get this, the fabric costs almost $80 a yard and to cover one chair we'll need 2-3 meters (no wonder the chair is so expensive...).

So she is still looking for fabric - maybe even something totally different, that could be more affordable.

Me, I'm looking around for a good use wingback that we could bring back to life to enjoy in our new home. Gimme a holler if you know of one...

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!