Thursday, May 24, 2012

I have a plan...

I've been thinking...All these years that we've been going to the laundromat and feeding the washer and dryer with our quarters, I've been saying "We could afford a really nice washer and dryer with the money we are tossing into the machines every week."

I must admit we get a really good deal on a load here 75¢ to wash and 25¢ for 20 minutes to dry. But on our last trip to the house I didn't have the luxury of having the laundromat on our back lanai - I had to load everything up into the gas guzzling truck, drive to town and sit around for about 2 hours waiting for my $12 worth of quarters do their magic on 3 loads of laundry.

It was then that the brilliant idea hit me. When we get our own washer and dryer I should just keep using my quarters to wash my clothes! Hey, I've budgeted for it. Might as well continue and use those quarters to either pay for a repair (if needed) or towards buying a new washer or dryer down the line. Much better than trying to carve the money out of our savings....

Love my little quarter box that my daughter gave me 
Doing the math, on how many quarters we use for laundry in a month x's 12.  It certainly adds up!  I will have saved enough to buy a new set (if needed) in a little more than 4 years.

That's the kind of math I LIKE!

Now we need to go hunting for a nice and big piggy bank!

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!