Tuesday, May 15, 2012

No more Laundromat for us!

They've arrived, have been put in place, have been tested and they work!



They look so HUGE!

When the weather gets a bit better the contractor will drill to vent out the dryer. I don't think I will need the dryer as much as I need it in Hawaii, (95% of our laundry gets dryer dried) but I'm glad we have one....

Yes, you read right we used the dryer for almost EVERY load we wash. Because of the high humidity our clothes would never really dry and they get musty, really, really fast.

At first we used these and they are supposed to "last"  for a month and they dissolved and filled up with water in half that time.


Now we have to keep a heating element in the closet so the clothes we do get dry, stay dry.

This is from the Gun Safe Dehumidifiers website 


I think/hope the dry temps in Idaho will be more clothes friendly.


Aloha a Hui Hou!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until you move!!! lol

    Congrats on your new w/d - I use my dryer all the time, one because of the long winter and two because of all the pollen out here... GOOD BUY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!