Sunday, May 27, 2012

Which is it?

OK, totally unrelated....but I was writing someone about the color I plan to paint the light bedroom and was stumped. Every time I write it I think I'm spelling it wrong. The color is Grey...or is it Gray?

Something in my says it's G-R-E-Y....but G-R-A-Y looks good too....oh I don't know! 

Like I said I was writing someone and didn't want to look like a fool so what did I do, I googled it and came across this page.

This one tells me that they're BOTH correct and a cute little spelling rule that went something like this:

In England they write GrEy and in America they write it GrAy. 

I don't think I'll ever spell it "wrong" again! The site also shows other common misspellings and cute ways to remember how to spell it right, like:

abundance - Often spelled -ence Mnemonic: A hot dog can make a-bun-dance

Is that cute or what? I've had my giggle for the day - hope you have too.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!