Friday, November 18, 2011

Urge to purge

We don't know when we are going to take the big step, but I don't want to wait until the last minute to go thru everything and figure out what we plan to keep and what has to go. So for the past couple of months I've been going thru my things - nothing is safe. So far I've had a couple of yard sales, donated items and am selling on eBay and Craigslist.

I missed decorating and celebrating Halloween SO much when I was living in Germany. When I moved here I was in hog heaven. Building up my stash, creating things. I had so much fun, but when it comes down to it, it was too much stuff to ship all the way over to Idaho. I had to let it go and letting it go at the right time - just before Halloween. Once I made the decision to sell and posted it on Craigslist, it went really fast. I sold most of my beloved Halloween decorations, and I'll tell you, it wasn't easy.


This was Halloween 2010. I wasn't here for Halloween 08 or 09 so I was really excited to decorate the side yard.

Some of it went to strangers, most of it went to someone I know. At least I know my treasures will be enjoyed.

Roger is also busy reducing his scuba collection. We've removed several tubs from our storage locker and every week I post a few items on ebay. We've sold masks, harnesses, spear guns, wet suits, regs, Some buyers have been great. Others not so much.

Today I'll be taking photos to list some more stuff and Roger will write them up (because I have no idea what I'm selling). For now, our biggest challenge is finding boxes to ship what we sell. But it's all about purging, so we will find boxes, take pictures and list.....onward we go.
The gear we wore for our wedding is gone, gone, gone.

Aloha Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!