Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pyrex

On pinterest I've noticed that a lot of people collect pyrex. Seeing a cupboard filled with a rainbow of bowls...well, you just have to see it.

Photo Credit

Tone in tone looks great too


I remember my mother had a set of Pyrex bowls - yellow, green, blue and red. I loved those bowls.


You can never have enough bowls, so I though I might look around thrift stores, antique shops etc, if I might find a set.

 At the first vintage shop they had several sets, but they were priced pretty steep. Then I found this 3 piece set for $10 - that is more to my wallets liking.

Later at the thrift shop I found 4 matching coffee mugs for a steal.

Pyrex
Get ready for a surprise.

Last year my mother in law gave us several boxes of household items that a neighbor had given them. Now that the kitchen is done, it was time to go thru the boxes and see what we could use.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered a Pyrex bowl and a casserole dish with the matching pattern! What do you say to that???


At any rate I have officially been bitten by the pyrex bug and am looking around, to see if there is any more in our pattern to be had here.

I went to the Salvation Army, here in town, and didn't find anything.

I wound up at a little antique store and they had A LOT of Pyrex and the prices were astronomical! They had a cup, just like my cups and wanted $19.00! I don't know if that was a starting price for negotiations or if it is what they actually wanted...but I was in shock.

Maybe I should think a bit bigger?

Maybe this is something I could offer in my Etsy shop? 

I decided to looking.

A few days later we headed over to a Goodwill store in Pearl City. Hidden in a corner I've found a bowl with a teal amish design. 



The bowl was a bit dirty, but nothing that a little bit a elbow grease couldn't take care of.

I also found a set of 7 coffee mugs. Here and there the design is a bit smudged, but I'm not sure if that is a sign of age or a misprint. 


It's like a TREASURE HUNT! So much fun...and the thrill when you find something...soo cool! lol

To date my treasure contains 10 bowls and several pieces that match the cups.

For starters I think I'll post on craigslist, so I don't have to worry about shipping. Wish me luck!

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!