Monday, July 30, 2012

Click Away Monday

I do hope that I figure out what I did wrong with my link up last week so that everyone can share more easily.

Anyway, here are some of my pics from last week:




This is the Fisherman's shrine near the Halona Blow Hole. Amy, over at Mama On The Move, researched the topic and posted this about the shrine. 






Look what the salty air does to the coins.



This is the Halona Blow Hole in action, as seen from the shrine. You can't really see it in the pic, but the beach at the bottom of this cove is called "Eternity Beach". This is where the famous rolling in the sand kissing scene between Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr


There, your Hawaii/Hollywood tidbit for the day!

I've been busy sewing this past week too. I'll be joining 2 other creative women at a craft fair next month at the Blaisdale called "Made in Hawaii".  Hope to sell enough to at least break even.

Notice my tiny pineapple - from my yard. The stem holding up the fruit bent so I had to harvest it. It smells great, but I have to let it sit a day or two to soften up. 
Found the pattern for this thru pinterest (or was it a blog?) and thought it would be a fun, quick item to sew. I was almost right, at least it's been fun! lol

I've decided to call these Kope Covers, Kope is the Hawaii word for Coffee. 
Your Hawaiian Word for the day. 
Looks like this is turning out to be an educational post too, huh? 



No names for this one yet...

I'm open for suggestions...

Looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!

This post was shared with

Coastal Charm
Under the Table and Dreaming
Never Rush Ranch
I should be mopping the floor

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!