Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Product Review - Butter Keeper

Some time in December Amy, at Homestead Revival, posted an entry about a butter keeper that Pantry Paratus was offering. I thought it was really cute and ordered one for us (not for Hawaii - too warm here), one for my mother in law and sister in law.

It wasn't until our trip that I was able to test mine, so here are my thoughts.

First I want to say what a great little company. I ordered the keepers and had them sent to my M-i-L. I wasn't too sure about the shipping to a different address than the billing address. A quick call took care of that.

Since they were kind of Christmas gifts I didn't find out until after the holidays that one of them was broken. Popped them an email and they UPS'd (or was it FedEx'd?) a new one right away. I give their Customer service a 5 our of 5

What? You ask what a butter keeper is? OK, let me explain.

You put the butter into the small cup of the keeper. Once it gets a bit softer you can spread it out so it fits and sits in the cup (as you see in the pic). In the bigger cup you put enough water, so that when you invert the small cup into the larger cup the water creates an air tight seal. Wah-la! Spreadable butter! no more making a mess of your bread when buttering! All you have to remember to do is switch out the water every 3 days.

So now to my review of the the Butter Keeper. :



  1. The design looks vintage. Reminds me of a stone crock. 
  2. It holds EXACTLY one stick of butter
  3. It's nice and solid. Will take some abuse
  4. Dish washer safe.
  5. Since butter naturally repels water - the butter was never wet


Over all it was a great purchase. We both loved having spreadable butter for our toast in the morning. Again, I give it a 5 out of 5.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!