Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Opps, I did it again..

I'm still in love with our driftwood lamp, but the room looks a bit lopsided




I need something for the other side. Now chances of finding another piece of driftwood like this one are pretty slim, so I have to come up with something else. A bit ago I bought a mercury glass jug and thought it might make a nice lamp. I was on the hunt for a 2nd lampshade and a kit to turn a bottle into a lamp. Turns out it was not all that easy. I had to google, call and drive around to get my parts.


Photo from this blog


With this kind of kit there is no drilling or special tools needed. All you have to do is stick the cork in and the cord runs down the back of the lamp. 

The corks that were included were a bit small to fill the neck of the jug so I wrapped a couple of pieces of fun foam around it. Now it fits perfectly.  WAH-LA, lamp #2




The room is no longer lopsided.


OH! I just checked out the vintage stuff on sale at One Kings Lane an discovered this:

You can find it here

Mercury Glass Cobweb Lamp

$999.00
$1,800.00 Estimated Market Value

WoW! That makes my lamp a STEAL!  And you know what? I like mine better! :o)

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!