Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our Christmas Tree


Hope you're Christmas was merry and you had a wonderful tree!

Originally I was planning on selling my Christmas decoration, but I just couldn't so I mailed a bunch of stuff over - glad I did because I was able to decorate!

Now I am a firm believer in an artificial Christmas tree. No mess, no watering, lights already in the tree. I loved the artificial 9' slim tree we had back when I managed the care home.


The ceilings are much lower where we live now, so I had to let it go....not to mention it would have been crazy expensive to ship to the mainland.

This Christmas Hubby wanted a real tree. Looked at me with those puppy eyes and said "I would really like to have a real tree. Can we have a real tree, huh? huh?"

How can you say no to such a heartfelt request?

That's right, you can't. So we bought a real tree, and she was a beauty.


I started with some lights and silver ornaments

and then added all of this:


Some of these I've had for years and some of them are new.

Put it all together and you get this


This picture doesn't do it justice.






The tree topper is also new, new to us, it is vintage and hope that over the years we can find some real vintage silver ornaments to match!

We watered the tree 2x's a day and it was really fresh to the end. It was sad to take it down and move it out side.

Looking forward to many more Christmas's and Christmas trees in our cozy home.

Aloha A Hui Hou!

2 comments:

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!