Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm Torn to Pieces...

Well, not me, my fabric.

A week or so ago a bought a ton of fabric. Among other things I bought jeans and denim to sew myself a few pairs pants.

Today I finally got around to pre-washing and dryer drying the fabric so I know that it won't shrink after I sew it.

I take it out of the washer, all three pieces are ok, and toss them in the dryer. After 40 or so minutes I go and check. I know that new fabrics tend to fill the lint trap really quick and make the drying time much longer.

When I opened the door, the drum of the dryer was totally dusted in black. Totally black...Then I pull out the black denim and it's FULL of holes.








it is just falling apart. If you touch it, your hands get all black, my nails are stained black and the table looks like the cops just stopped by to finger print the table I spread the fabric out on!

Wish me luck, I'm going to take it bak to the store and see what they have to say about it.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!