Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flora

One of the things that amazed me here was the flora. Things grow here that I've never seen before and in ways I've never seen before. For example: Hibiscus. I remember my mom's hibiscus plants. Potted plants and always combating some kind of plant lice. Here they grow hibiscus BUSHES and HEDGES! and so many different varieties. I especially love this variety, which is a Hanging Hibiscus



I know, almost the same pic, butI'm so pleased with these two pics because of the depth of field AND how well the red came out. Usually when I photograph a red flower the details get blown out.

Naturally there a lot of palm trees here and a lot of different kinds of palm trees.



Once the leaf goes brown it gets cut 
starts to dry out. 
Over time, this is all that is left over.
If in Hawaii you learn quickly, no rain, no rainbows...so it's natural to get a bit of rain here or there. Love to capture water droplets on leaves and I was lucky to get a couple of shots on my outing too.




That's all for today. Hope your day is a great one!

Aloha a Hui Hou!

1 comment:

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!