Monday, December 3, 2012

So our carpenter flaked out on us

I had big dreams for our wood room. We wanted a murphy bed for guests, a desk for my Hubby and a desk for me and lots of shelves for our every growing library of books. I was thinking of something like this.




I thought a bit more about the lay out.

 Finally I came to the conclusion that I would rather have the bed on the North facing wall.

When were were there, this past summer, the carpenter said he would make it for us. But somehow we  kept landing on the back burner. He kept mentioning that for the past couple of years his wife wanted a murphy bed for their office too and that if he built us one, he would have to make one for his wife too. I guess that's why he changed his mind on making ours.

It seems that all carpenters in the area are too busy to respond, so I've decided to tackle this myself. I'll make it bit by bit. I will finally buy the Kreg jig I've always wanted. I even found a plan for the murphy bed I want to make here. They also have a a bunch of other plans to make my drawings into reality.

Wish me luck, I'm on to a new hobby!

Aloha a Hui Hou!

2 comments:

  1. Well at least you'll be kept busy!!! Have fun with it, hope it goes smoothly xox

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!