Thursday, December 6, 2012

Our Rooms Are Now Full

We never planned on a dining room.

Our table in the kitchen is enough for the two of us.

If, in the future, we entertain, it will be in the Summer months, were we can eat on the back lanai (your Hawaiian word for the day = porch).

So I was kind of surprised when hubby brought this listing on Craigslist to my attention



Real wood, chunky legs and unique wood work table top. We liked it and thought, for the time being we can put it in the wood room and at least have a place to invite our neighbors over for game night.

So it is now ours and standing in the wood room.

Phone pic - Thank you Peggy!

Don't you agree, it looks pretty good in there?

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Reupholstered the seats and see if there is anything else we might need to touch it up.

Oh and I did ask the lady that sold it if she has any info on the set. She told me it belonged to her aunt, who is in her 80's, and it was from the 30's or 40's. I'll be going over with a fine tooth comb to see if there are any stamps or labels that can tell us more.

There was a time when I wanted new, new, new....but now I am very happy to fill our home with history.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

3 comments:

  1. Aloha! (3 years living in Hawaii)
    We have a table similar to that and we were told it was a pub table. Not sure if that is true or not, but love their versatility for easily expanding. I'm betting you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha and mahalo for the info. So fun to learn about what you have. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, now I had a chance to take a closer look and the chairs are coming apart. I already took one apart and bought what I need to rebuild them. Will also have to sand them down and restain them. The table could us a bit of tightening too.....all on my to do list! But so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!