Friday, February 1, 2013

On to the Basement

Right now our basement stairs are a hot mess.


Look at the top left, there is a large hole in the wall. That's now closed. The top landing and the two steps up to the kitchen are tiled with the same tile as in the kitchen.

You can't really see it here, but the stairs have rounded corners....LOVE that detail and I want to kep that.
On this last trip I removed the 2nd handrail (one on the right). Stairs are a lot roomier now.
But I am planning to tackle them next time. As mentioned, I want to paint the risers, each one a different color, using the paint that I used in the other rooms of the house.

The treads have textured paint on them and are a bit chipped and worn.  For safety sake I will find a can of the textured paint and just freshen up the treads.

For the rest of the space I was thinking of something like this, just keeping our metal banister.


I just plan on using bead board WALLPAPER, instead of real bead board. Will be so much easier to cut and put up and I'll have less waste.


On my first trip to Egypt in 2000 I bought this papyrus and plan to hang it across from the door.

As for the wall color, I was thinking of a sandy color


So, that's my plan. We will have to wait and see how it turns out.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!