Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review - Roomba Customer Service

I would give them 5 out of 5 s

You may ask, you've hardly used it. Why would you be calling their customer service department? Well, here's the scoop.

You might remember this post, where I mention the annoying error #9 message my lady Roomba was shouting out at me.

Well our house guest said that she's still at it....and it's still annoying.

So I gave the iRobot Customer Service line a call. Sadly they were really busy and couldn't take my call, so I emailed them the issue and this morning I received this email:

"Dear Heidi,

Thank you for contacting iRobot Customer Support.

We apologize that we have to resolve this issue over the phone. We hope you understand that to solve this matter, we require further information. 

Please reply with your phone number and a best time to call you, so this issue can be rectified at your convenience. Alternatively, you may contact us at (877) 855-8593, Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, EST and Sat, 9am-6pm.

In the event that you decide to contact us or schedule a call back, please keep your unit nearby as the possibility exists that it may require troubleshooting.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to speaking with you. 
Thank you, 
Antonia Dowe 
iRobot Customer Care"

Checked my watch, figured out the time difference and made the call.

Navigated my way thru the automated answering system and was connected to a customer service representative.

I again explained my issue with error number 9 and that my lady roomba might need to go to a time out if she doesn't get a grip.

I also explained that I am no where near my Roomba and won't be for a while. That I am worried about my warranty. What will happen if I finally get there and it turns out I have a bad unit?

And you know what he said? he said that they understand and since I called and reported it now, it will sort of freeze my warranty and it will still be covered when ever I make it back to the house.

Can you say SHOCKER?

Now that, my dear friends, is customer service.

Aloha A Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!