Monday, September 24, 2012

DIY - Pillows to match

You might remember my Rag quilt that I posted here.

Well I finally got the opportunity to sew pillow cases and throw pillows to match.

Two of the three pillow cases and one of the throw pillows.
The throw pillows are all envelope pillows - no zippers. Much easier and much quicker to sew.
I found a shop on line and ordered fringe and cord trim to give the pillows a little somethin' somethin'.
The cord went well with the light colored fabric


The fringe went well with the dark print.


But neither went well with the blue. 

So I thought and I thought and I decided to trim it just like the blanket. I had a narrow strip of fleece left over, so it put that between the two (three) layers of blue. Sewed it with the seam on the right side out and then snipped it all the way around. I really like the way it turned out and it goes perfectly with the blue.


If anyone is interested in the fringe, let me know and I'll dig up the link.

Aloha a Hui Hou!

1 comment:

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!