Monday, April 16, 2012

Struttin His Stuff

There hasn't been much happening at the house and there won't be for a bit, so I thought I'd share someone my pics until I can post some more progress or news about the house.

Thought I'd start off with my special day off that I had on Thursday. Living where you work is not a good recipe for a day off to turn off your mind and get away from all thoughts that have to do with work. So I asked my hubby if I could join him when he drives to work on Thursday and just spend some time out of the house...and that's just what I did. Driving with the top down, I stopped off at a few spots along the North Shore...not thinking of anything...just looking around, taking in the sound of the waves, filling my lungs with ocean air and soaking up a bit of sun....taking over 400 pictures while I was at it.

Here are some from time that I was able to spend at the public area of Waimea falls. I knew I didn't want to walk all the way back to the waterfalls, but could enjoy the front garden and maybe get lucky with the peacock.

Being there on my own time, not having to worry or think that I am taking up someone else's time doing something that they have no interest is - was very liberating and it paid off. I was able to spend  20 or 30 minutes with this fella and get, what I think some great shots.

May I introduce: Mr. Peacock:
















Is it a wonder that I love blue green combinations? Just beautiful. I had him almost all to myself and was able to get dozens of photos. It was very hard to choose what I wanted to share here. He was turning this way and than for me...at least in my mind I'd like to believe he was doing it for me. Hey! A girl's gotta dream, right?

Hope you enjoy the photos...more of my day off to come

Aloha a Hui Hou!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, don't be shy. Love to hear your thoughts and helpful comments!